Saturday, May 22, 2010

Time to Get the Quads Running


Today was another good day. Rianne woke up feeling well. We relaxed in the morning and got a few chores taken care of. I took a short nap and Rianne decided to sneak outside with Kelbi, our 2 year old lab. She returned with a smile on her face because she pooped Kelbi out throwing a toy to her and taking her on a walk by Elephant Bar Trail. She came inside and asked me if i wanted to go on a quad ride - which means she is feeling well! We headed to the garage and dusted the cobwebs off the quads, which is embarrassing since we haven't rode for months! Here is a personal fact about her- Rianne has admitted more than once that the best thing she has EVER bought for herself is her QUAD! Now THAT makes her man proud!
My wife is a "Go-Getter" and has always been one! Before we were even married she begged me to take her elk hunting with my brother, Paul and me. I asked her if she could shoot and she replied, "yes I can!" My brother and I decided we had better field test her claim before we let her stomp around with us in the Idaho woods. Soooo, we took her out shooting! No reason to explain anything else about how that outing went!
We dusted off the quads, aired up the tires and agreed to go for a ride tomorrow after church. There's just something special about getting away from it all - even if it's for an hour, or better yet, an entire weekend. I am grateful that I have a wife who is an outdoor enthusiast. Remind me to tell you about the "Fish Whacker" story!
Tonight we talked to our son, Tate, who is currently living and working in Utah. We ate dinner and relaxed, then Rianne cut up some fruits and vegetables for her Smoothies, which she makes quite a bit lately. She and I have both made a strong effort to improve our diet, especially since sugar and junk food FEEDS cancer cells! It has been an eye-opener as far as diet and nutrition goes.
I would like to encourage you who visit this blog to search the internet on Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma - Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma. You'll understand more of what Rianne's condition involves. It is a serious diagnosis and will change our lives in many ways and possibly for the rest of our lives.
Thank you for your prayers, love and support - without it we would surely struggle. With your support we are able to embrace each day, knowing that we have friends, family and loved ones surrounding us as we fight this cancer!

5 comments:

  1. Magic can tell you about the Fish Whacker later! I'll be glad to tell you about when Magic and Paul took me out shooting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Mark... I am looking forward each day to hear that Rianne is getting better and better. I need my quad friend to go with me in the big mud puddles!! Hugs to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh..this is an awesome (!) sight. Good for you Magic, for this "gift" of information regarding both of you. You journaling, makes everyone who is concerned, (and there are SO many that do)receive insight in all that is happening.
    I just finished a 1/2 hour chatting with Rianne, who blesses me so much with her insight, giggling, and interesting conversations. It is never dull. I love you Rianne. Kind of mushy isn't it. (smile)
    You guys have a wonderful day. For this is the day that the Lord has made. Be glad in it.
    love you both,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mark and Rianne,
    We are so glad that the both of you are staying so strong in such a hard battle. We Miss seeing your smiling faces walk through the door! We wish you the best of luck at this difficult time in your life.
    Rianne-If you ever want one of your specially made blizzards or just a bite to eat, send ur awesome hubby down and we'll do whatever we have to do to meet your cravings;) Mark-same goes for you, hard day? hungry? let us make you something!! It's on us!!!
    We Love You both and can't wait to see you again!! Stay strong!

    With Love,
    The DQ Crew (Gold Beach)

    ReplyDelete