Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

20 minutes ago Rianne approached me with tears in her eyes to give me my Father’s Day Card. She wrote it on June 1, 2010 while receiving her 3rd Chemo Infusion nearly three weeks ago.

The envelope reads, “Magic – Happy Father’s Day”

The card reads, “No one could ask for a better husband and father…….Well, they could ask, but you’re already taken! Happy Father’s Day!”

Written in the card by my loving wife, Rianne - ”Hi Sweetie! Happy Father’s Day! I just want to thank you for all the fun things we have done together! We sure have done a bunch of fun adventures. Life is good – life is the best! I love you more than anything. If you are reading this card that means that I am still around and kicking! I hope you have a good day today. Thank you for being my soul support and soulmate. You are what a father means to me. I believe with all my heart that you have been the best Dad that Ty and Tate could have! You have always been there for them even in the hard times and fun times – please stay close to our little family. They will give you the most peace! I love you, Becker! Love, Renny”

Until today, I hadn’t cried since April.

P. S. Rianne wanted to have a fun video of me in the Blog for Father's Day today. This is her pick video!

3 comments:

  1. OMGoodness!! Not only did I have tears in my eyes while reading this....but then I got to the video, I laughed to hard. Thank you so much for letting us into your life like this. You both are truly amazing people. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ditto Michaela's statement. You two mean the world to me. Adopted parents, friends, cousins, dorks... you're two of my all time favorite people on this planet... and beyond! I love you both, to infinity and beyond!!!!!! (Did I mention, we just saw Toy Story 3?!?!) Love you two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. talk about mood swings! I want to hug Rianne so much right now.... umm and you are goofy! cant wait to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete