Monday, October 4, 2010

One Rocky Road



Rianne’s Radiation Treatment is complete! Last Monday Rianne endured her final visit to the facility for radiation. What a DANG TOUGH and amazing woman she is! I’m really proud of her for all that she has overcome during the past 6 months. She has been through one rocky road during this difficult course in her life!
Luane drove Rianne up to Coos Bay for her final radiation appointment a week ago, which allowed her parents to again get a break from traveling. It was a good day for Rianne and she even received a certificate for completing her scheduled treatments! They also gave her the mask that was used to align her head to the same position for each treatment. It left little diamonds on her face each time, which are easy to see in the photo on this post. She was relieved to reach the final day of radiation, as the fatigue was beginning to take a toll on her.
She was exhausted early in the week due to the effects of the radiation. Her parents were both also exhausted, so much that they slept the entire ride home from one of her treatments. They are yet to see the photo in this post, which should certainly get them to laugh. They pulled the 5th Wheel out of the driveway and left for Clarkston on Wednesday. It was great to have their support while they were here for the past three weeks. We are both very grateful for their help during that tough month of September.
Her spirits have been strong and her energy levels are slowly but surely increasing. Yesterday, Ty brought Kacen and Brant over and they played non-stop with “Gramma” for two and a half hours. She also worked a few hours during two days last week! Her attitude has been great and she wants to desperately succeed, especially at work.
Today I drove her to Coos Bay for a follow-up CT Scan. She had a little anxiety before the procedure, which is…well…Rianne! She’s felt that way before each and every appointment, so why should she change now?! We won’t hear about the results until later this week or into next week, so keep your fingers crossed! What we want to hear is that she is cancer-free from the shoulders down through the CT Scan results!
Thank you again for all of your love, support, prayers, gifts, letters, phone calls, text messages and friendship! We appreciate ALL that you have done. We love you all! Have a GREAT week!!

6 comments:

  1. Can I get a what what!!!!? AWESOME!!!! This is JUST the beginning Baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such GREAT news. I am so excited to hear that. I will be keeping my finger crossed VERY tightly the next week......for more GREAT news. Can't wait to hear the news. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo, woo hoo! Saying big time prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully it just gets better and better from here! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't written but have kept up. My thoughts are with you and the fact that Nicole had to show me how to leave a comment says what a dinosaur I am with a computer. Shhh I have them fooled at school about my computer skills. New email if you feel like a quick howdy auntyc76@gmail.com Just wanted to let ya know I was thinking about you. Oh I found a book for you. The history of farts. Let me know if ya got it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow was I shocked to hear this news. I am so sorry i have not kept in touch with you. I guess it is times like this that bring us around to the ones we love and wish we had kept in touch with. When I look at your eyes I can still see that girl in the panther costume at all the basketball games running around going crazy.

    You are in my prayers for a clean report from your last test.

    I still love you and boy do I wish I was living closer so I could just come bug you.

    Sharon (Johnson) Fulcher

    ReplyDelete